1. What age groups do you teach?
Larne Guitar School teaches from the age of 5 and up. Anyone can learn to play guitar! It doesn’t matter if you are young, old, have big hands, have small hands, etc. None of this really matters, as long as you find a dedicated guitar teacher that can guide you and mentor you.
2. What styles of music do you teach?
I teach rock, pop, indie, blues, metal and folk styles. I teach both acoustic and electric guitar.
3. What styles don’t you teach?
Jazz and classical.
4. Why don’t you teach these styles?
I will not show people anything that I am not experienced at and try to bluff my way through a lesson. Be wary of any guitar teacher that claims to be able to play every style!
It is very important to understand that any guitar teacher saying that they can teach all styles is not being honest with you! There is not enough time in the world for him or her to learn these styles, and then learn how to teach these styles. Such guitar teachers that claim this are only interested in your money and will damage your guitar playing.
5. Do I need to read music to play guitar?
6. Do you teach how to sing and play guitar?
7. Do I need my own guitar?
You do not need a guitar for the FREE session and you can borrow one for the early lessons. I will advise you on purchasing a guitar of your own.
8. Do you offer flexible times for shift workers?
Yes! Larne Guitar School has different lesson formats and flexible times to suit everyone.
9. I want to learn with my friend or a relative. Is this possible?
Yes! We have flexible lesson formats and I can guarantee that you will be able to have fun and progress on guitar, no matter what age or level you are at.
10. Do you travel to people’s houses?
No. I teach from my teaching studio in Larne Main Street. Any teacher that travels to you is most likely new to guitar lessons and is trying to gain experience. They will not have a full time teaching business or have a reputation for helping people achieve their goals. Do not let them “practice” their teaching on you. Your guitar playing will only be damaged by this!
11. What qualifications do you have?
- Rapid Results Guitar Training®
- Perfect Practice Guitar Training®
- Dynamic Group Guitar Teaching® Training
- Geometric Guitar Teaching Method® Training
- Rotating Formats Guitar Teaching® Training.
I have a Grade 8 in Rock School guitar and I am a member of the Registry of Guitar Tutors.
Need More Convincing? Here’s What Three Happy Students Have To Say